Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Out Walking Again

So, I was out walking today, hoping I would have a moment of inspiration...  here is what happened.


...  saw a cat lying out in the middle of the road. It was very alive, just decided to lay down in the middle of the road.

... stepped around dozens of puddles and had to keep my wits about me so no car was able to give me the business with those puddles.

...listened to a literary podcast that did NOT give me any inspiration at all, and that disappointed me.  Won't bash the podcast though, since it did keep me occupied for most of the walk.

... walked a different path from the normal one I do four or five laps of a day.  Took a new road, no Robert Frost appeared.

... put a leg up on a bench, killed the volume in the ears and took deep breaths with the nose and eyes, breathing in and viewing in.  What will jump out at me, perhaps some "Ode on a Metal Bench" moment.  

...  saw someone I had not seen a while but did not really talk - merely acknowledged it had been a while.

... did some battles with the normal stress demons that haunt me when allowed free time, and I have way too much of that for a while.

... thought about the Great Gatsby.

... kept the pace slow so I did not work up a sweat, just wanted to see if anything jumped out at me to write about.   I really just gave the greatest hits package.  I probably thought about Pepsi too, but that is just my addiction that I always think about... not really a writing topic.

So, why don't I write?   Here is today!  (I know, this is writing, but not what I mean...)







and then a post scrip of sorts, after I allowed this to marinate for a while before I posted...


Upon further reflection, I suppose the poet (that is not in me) can attack the opening of the walk. The cat in the road, just laying there... well that screams out metaphor and life commentary I guess. But not a poet today (or really ever).  

No comments:

Post a Comment