Wednesday, October 17, 2018

"Confidence is the willingness to try"
                  Mel Robbins

I love Mel Robbins.  What a superstar she is.  I first discovered her on Tom Bilyeu's podcast and have since read her book and avidly follow her YouTube presence.

What a great writing statement that is.

My writing is bad.  I know it.  I think I do anyway.

Is it because I lack confidence?  "Pshaw to that", claims Ms Robbins... in words she did not actually say but I paraphrased quite... generously.

Just get out there and try, ya noob.

How many writers stare at words and think... there is no point to this?  Who am I to write?  Do I dare disturb the universe?  Is it a disturbance of the universe if no one ever sees it?  My writing is no good...  What pretense have I to believe my words have any purpose whatsoever?

No matter.

Just write.

The world may not need my writing...  But I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment