Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Hushed Commentary on the Blog

So, if nothing else, starting this blog has reminded me of humility. 

Suppose they gave a war and nobody came?  That is my blog.

But is has only been a week you who calls your blog the Dodgy Prawn.  What a dumb name.  (Unless you got it from a short film and the character that said it in an English accent made it sound fantastic...)  Well of course it has only been a week. 

So what next?

This blog would not exist if I had not already considered the possibility that I would not have several hundred followers and dedicated readers at this point.   Well, yeah it would.  That was a total canard.

But now on to the meat of the blog post.

Writers are pretentious.  They cannot help it.   Unless they are going for the Emily Dickinson approach and may have no intentions on ever being read, almost every writer is wanting material to be read by others.

"Read what I have to say, for I am wise."
"Read, for I have lived through something and want to share my story with you." 
"Read, for no one can turn a phrase quite like this one."

Now hold on imaginary readers.   You might think, I AM NOT PRETENTIOUS AT ALL.  You may be right.  I may not believe you though.

It is what a real writer is.   And here we have exhibit JJ3B4 in our display - why this fellow that has the Dodgy Prawn blog is not a writer.   I use the excuse - too well - that I do not want to take the time to yell my name out at the masses to say "Hey Facebook friends, check out my blog"... cannot do it.  

Besides, do I really offer anything of value besides provide a written litany of excuses why I do not write?  Exactly.  Read on my imaginary readers, there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment