Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Infinite Monkey Theorem

The idea is... a monkey on a keyboard, if given enough time, will eventually type out the works of Shakespeare.   Well, that is a simplified concept of the idea anyway.  So my thought is, how do I become that monkey?

Effort will get the job done of course, but I don't really just want to hit the keyboard long enough to just retype Shakespeare.   So just hitting random keys for a possible eternity is not really my end goal, though if immortality is an option and I get breaks in my typing time then PERHAPS I will put it on my list of possible "future me" scenarios. 

Now, as I am going to explain often as I play with this blogging thing, I am not complaining.  I am actually playing around with reasons why I don't write, and while playing I am actually knocking out some writing.  There is no need to point out that if I just write I will write.   I am surely quite aware of that.   I know.   This is just how I will occupy my time and get playing with the process. That is a lot of playing references right there.

Truth be told, I actually have quite a bit written, I just don't take it any further and I probably should, even if only to be told it is awful and perhaps get a better idea on what I need to work on.   I make no claim that the stuff I write is brilliant, it is brilliant only in that it has been written.

This blog should help guide my focus a bit, as well as serve to mock myself for the many nights I do not write and feel that shame for it.  Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment